Pharmacoll ® Basic Comfort has a three layer construction composed of an absorbent hydrocolloid full coated layer backed with a thick soft, smooth, elastic and breathable layer of polyurethane foam laminated with outer layer of a breathable polyurethane film which is bacteria proof, virus proof and waterproof, and has outer adhesive Polyurethane border. The Whole composite/laminate is placed as an island pad on adhesive coated, water proof , virus proof and bacteria proof polyurethane film.
Pharmacoll ® Basic Comfort contains a blend of synthetic polymers and hydrophilic powders which provide a self adhesive absorbent material for wound applications.
Pharmacoll ® Basic Comfort has the addition of polyurethane foam which provides a cushion that aids patient comfort and protection to the wound. The foam also adds to the absorbency and the total fluid handling of the dressing.
Pharmacoll ® Basic Comfort dressing can stay in place for several days, which allows healing to progress without the need to frequent dressing change.
This is an interactive dressing that in presence of exudates absorbs liquid to form a cohesive gel that promotes a moist wound healing environment.
Pharmacoll ® S Basic Comfort has a three layer construction composed of an absorbent hydrocolloid perforated or stripe coated layer backed by a thick soft, smooth, elastic and breathable layer of polyurethane foam laminated with outer layer of a breathable polyurethane film which is bacteria proof, virus proof and waterproof, and has outer adhesive Polyurethane film border.Benefit
- Pharmacoll ® Basic Comfort absorbs exudates into the hydrocolloid matrix and forms a cohesive gel which enables removal of the dressing with little or no damage to newly formed tissue.
- The fluid is absorbed and transported by polyurethane foam matrix to the breathable polyurethane film outer layer. This tri-laminate combination enhances the total fluid handling capacity of the dressing, whilst also ensuring the moisture is regulated within the wound. This maintains a moist wound environment and prevents the wound from drying out.
- Aiding autolysis.
- Promoting angiogenesis.
- Promoting granulation.
- Providing a bacterial and viral barrier, reduces risk of infection.
- Providing a waterproof barrier.
- Reduce maceration of the peri-wound skin.
Pharmacoll ® S Basic Comfort is composed of hydrocolloid perforated layer or stripes, which foam backed.This gives Pharrmacoll S Basic the advantage over other products that foam can absorb at zero time of application since exudates could pass through the hydrocolloid perforated layer or stripes to foam layer before gelling of hydrocolloid which takes time to gel.Indications
Pharmacoll® Basic Comfort & Pharmacoll ® S Basic Comfort is indicated for the wound management of slightly to moderately exuding wounds that are granulating or with wounds that have areas of slough or necrosis including:
- Chronic wounds.
- Pressure Ulcers.
- Diabetic Ulcers.
- Leg ulcers.
- Cavity wounds.
- Skin donor sites.
- Superficial and partial thickness burns.
- Post operative surgical wounds.
Under the medical supervision of a healthcare professional, Pharmacoll® Basic Comfort & Pharmacoll ® S Basic Comfort can be used to manage infected wounds or wounds in which there is an increased risk of infection.Contraindications
- Full thickness burns.
- Dry wound.
How To Use
Pharmacoll® Basic Comfort & Pharmacoll ® S Basic Comfort should extend beyond the open wound by 2 cm onto the surrounding healthy skin.
Note: Gentle warming the dressing before application will help ensure adhesion of the dressing to the patient skin.
Sizes & Codes