Pharmacoll® is a gelatin free hydrocolloid adhesive wound dressing laminated to a semi permeable, bacteria proof, virus proof and waterproof polyurethane film backing individually packed and sterilized by radiation.
Pharmacoll® thin has lower absorption capacity, so it could be used during epithelialization phase. Pharmacoll® forms a gel upon absorbing wound exudates providing a moist wound environment, supporting granulation and epithelialization. Gel formation prevents Pharmacoll® from adhering to wounds, and dressing can be removed without causing pain and without damaging the granulation and epithelial tissue.Benefits
- Free of gelatin, minimizing associated allergy and odour.
- Semi-permeable, waterproof, bacteria proof and virus proof polyurethane backing, protects wound from moisture, bacteria and virus.
- High absorption capacity of Pharmacoll® binds away excess exudates prolonging dressing change intervals.
- Pharmacoll® accelerates healing process by providing ideal environment for formation of granulation tissue.
- Slightly transparent Pharmacoll® enables wound inspection.
- Suitable for moist wound care
- Suitable for light to moderately exudating wounds second degree burns, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, chronic slow healing wounds and abrasions.
- Used also for blisters treatment.
- Pharmacoll® should not be used on third degree burns nor on exposed muscle, bones and tendons nor on infected wounds .
- Discoloration and bulging of the dressing indicate it should be changed.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes