Fibrosol® dressings are Carboxymethyl cellulose nonwoven dressings.
The characteristics of the fiber are such that it absorbs when it comes into intimate contact with liquid not via the usual mechanism of capillary action. Absorbed fluid is retained within the structure of the fiber. As Fibrosol® absorbs exudate it is rapidly converted from a dry dressing to a soft coherent gel. Fibrosol® maintains a moist environment for optimal wound healing, aids autolytic debridement, and is easily removed with little or no damage to newly formed tissue.
Non-Adherent Fibrosol® Wound Pad variants:
- Fibrosol® Non Adhesive: Primary absorbent wound pad that is cut into different size, it needs a secondary dressing for fixation. Available as flat sheets loose or stitch bonded for support upon gelling or in the form of ribbon for tunnelling and cavity wounds.
- Fibrosol® Extra Non Adhesive: is made up of 2 layers of Fibrosol® pad loose or stitch bonded together providing extra absorption and strength properties.
- Provides excellent absorption and retention capabilities for moderate to highly exuding wounds.
- Conforms to the wound surface to form an intimate contact.
- Acts as a bacterial and viral barrier that prevents outer wound infection.
- Helps reduce wound pain while the dressing is in situ and upon removal.
- Supports wound healing by providing a moist wound healing environment.
- Hemostatic effect
- Bacteriostatic activity
Fibrosol® dressings can be used in the management of:
- Wounds at risk of infection.
- Second degree burns.
- Diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and leg ulcers.
- Surgical wounds.
- Traumatic wounds.
- Wounds those are prone to bleeding.
- Oncology wounds.
- Donor and recipient graft sites.
- Effective bacterial barrier that reduces wound infection.
- Pressure sores.
- Leg ulcers.
- Ischaemic and diabetic ulcers.
Fibrosol® Non adhesive Ribbon sizes could be used for tunneling and cavity wounds.Contraindications
- Fibrosol® dressings should not be used on people who are allergic to the dressing or any of its components.
- Fibrosol® is not intended for use within internal body cavities.
- If infection develops during the use of the dressing, clinically indicated antibiotic therapy should be initiated.
- Control of blood glucose should be monitored for diabetic foot ulcers.
- Delicate newly formed blood vessels could produce blood stained wound fluid.
- Sterility is guaranteed unless pouch is damaged.