Fibrosol® dressings are Carboxymethyl cellulose nonwoven dressings.
The characteristics of the fiber are such that it absorbs when it comes into intimate contact with liquid not via the usual mechanism of capillary action. Absorbed fluid is retained within the structure of the fiber. As Fibrosol® absorbs exudate it is rapidly converted from a dry dressing to a soft coherent gel. Fibrosol® maintains a moist environment for optimal wound healing, aids autolytic debridement, and is easily removed with little or no damage to newly formed tissue.
Fibrosol® OTC bandage:
The pad is placed centrally on an adhesive substrate (hotmelt, acrylic, hydrocolloid or silicone adhesive) that extends beyond the border of the pad to allow ﬁxation without secondary dressing.
Fibrosol® OTC Bandage:
- Fibrosol® Adhesive bandages for bleeding minor cuts, scratches and abrasions.
- Fibrosol® Dressing strip Adhesive bandages for bleeding minor cuts, scratches and abrasions. It could be cut to size.
- Provides excellent absorption and retention capabilities for moderate to highly exuding wounds.
- Conforms to the wound surface to form an intimate contact.
- Acts as a bacterial and viral barrier that prevents outer wound infection.
- Helps reduce wound pain while the dressing is in situ and upon removal.
- Supports wound healing by providing a moist wound healing environment.
- Hemostatic effect
- Bacteriostatic activity
Fibrosol® OTC bandages: are used for cuts, grazes, minor abrasions and to control bleeding minor wounds. Also Fibrosol® adhesive dressings are used to achieve haemostasis at the bleeding site after needle removal in the renal dialysis and for protection of oriﬁcium ﬁstulae.Contraindications
- Fibrosol® dressings should not be used on people who are allergic to the dressing or any of its components.
- Fibrosol® is not intended for use within internal body cavities.
- If infection develops during the use of the dressing, clinically indicated antibiotic therapy should be initiated.
- Control of blood glucose should be monitored for diabetic foot ulcers.
- Delicate newly formed blood vessels could produce blood stained wound fluid.
- Sterility is guaranteed unless pouch is damaged.