Vilowond® POVI Pad is a primary wound dressing composed of nonwoven felt laminated with iodine ointment impregnated gauze; the whole composite is laminated with PE net which acts a non-adherent wound contact layer.
Upon contact with wound exudates, the iodine is released offering a broad range antimicrobial activity against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, yeast and fungi.Features
- Due to the presence of iodine, Vilowond® POVI Pad has a strong antimicrobial activity, so it’s ideal for protecting the wound, even if infected.
- PVP-Iodine is not resisted nor tolerated by most of microorganisms.
- Unlike other iodine impregnated gauze dressings available in the market, Vilowond® POVI Pad is non-cytotoxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing,
- Vilowond® POVI Pad is specifically designed to allow controlled amounts of iodine to reach the wound bed to prevent cytotoxicity.
- Vilowond® POVI Pad has advantage over non adherent iodine impregnated gauze in the market that it does not require secondary absorbent dressing because it contains absorbent felt laminated to the iodine containing layer.
4- Non adherent:
- The presence of the PEG based ointment together with PE net as a wound contact layer renders the dressing non adherent, so it can be easily removed without pain or trauma.
Vilowond® POVI Pad is indicated for prophylaxis and treatment of infection in minor burns, leg ulcers, and superficial skin-loss injuries, and as a dressing for adjunctive therapy in the treatment of infected ulcerative wounds.Contraindications
- Do not use PVP-Iodine containing Wound Dressings on patient with known sensitivity to iodine or one of the other components.
- Before and after the use of radio-iodine.
- If you are being treated for kidney problems.
- In pregnant and breast feeding women.
How To Use
- Open the pouch and apply the dressing on the wound using aseptic technique
- Fix the dressing in place with a secondary fixation dressing.
Sizes & Codes