Pharmatull® Plus is a paraffin gauze dressing containing chlorhexidine digluconate B.P. 0.5% W/W which has antimicrobial effect against a broad range of gram positive and gram negative bacteria.
- Individually packed in peelable Aluminum pouches
- Sterilized by gamma irradiation
- Pharmatull® Plus made of apertured leno cotton gauze that allows wound exudates to pass through.
- Pharmatull® Plus is impregnated with paraffin jelly containing Chlorhexidine digluconate B.P. 0.5% W/W, which form a separate layer between wound and gauze preventing sticking with the wound and provide fast recovery.
- Protects newly formed tissue and minimize patient pain during changing the dressing.
- The leno-weave gauze allows the passage of the exudates to be absorbed by the secondary dressing, so the exudates do not dry on the wound bed.
- Can be cut to different sizes.
- Pharmatull® Plus is used as a primary wound contact layer in the treatment of burns, ulcers, skin grafts and a variety of traumatic injuries. The material is also used as a transfer medium for skin during grafting.
- Under the medical supervision of a healthcare professional, Pharmatull® Plus can be used to manage infected wounds or wounds in which there is an increased risk of infection.
- Although there are no absolute contra-indications to the use of Pharmatull® Plus, if the dressing is placed upon a heavily exuding wound its semi-occlusive nature may cause tissue maceration by preventing the free movement of exudates away from the surface of the wound.
- If Pharmatull® Plus is left in position for prolonged periods of time, it can become adherent and cause tissue damage upon removal.
- Pharmatull® Plus should not be used with patients who are known to be hypersensitive to chlorhexidine.
- Pharmatull® Plus should be stored in dry and cool place.
How To Use
- Open the pouch and take out the product.
- Remove the protector paper on both sides of the product and discard.
- Handle the impregnated gauze using an aseptic technique/using a forceps.
- Apply to the wound site.
- Cover with an absorbent secondary dressing e.g. Pharma-Foam®
- Fix using a fixation bandage or use Pharma-Foam® Comfort with adhesive border to eliminate the need for a fixation bandage.
Sizes & Codes
Clinical Study Cavidagel – Espuma Gentle – Pharmatull Plus