Pharmapore Ultra Silver is Nonwoven dressing laminated with breathable waterproof, bacteria proof and virus proof polyurethane film outermost layer and central antimicrobial absorbent silver pad.
The pad is a bilaminate construction, made of absorbent nonwoven, laminated with HDPE silver colour net. The nonwoven layer contains silver, in form of silver sodium zirconium phosphate.Mechanism of Action:
The silver ions of silver pad are non-migratory. When silver pad was tested for zone of Inhibition, there were no inhibitions of growth around the sample but only under the sample. This means that silver ions do not leach from the pad and act only at the pad surface when they come in contact with microorganisms.Features
- The unique structure of Pharmapore Ultra, with nonwoven and PU layers, gives flexibility and strength. This is in addition to its cushion effect on wound.
- The PU layer which has a unique molecular structure makes it permeable to water vapour. At the same time, it is waterproof, so patient can shower while the dressing is applied. Being also bacteria proof and virus proof; so it reduces risk of infection.
- Highly absorbent and conformable pad, laminated at one side with HDPE silver color net to prevent adherence with the wound.
- Antimicrobial barrier to prevent colonization on the dressing.
- Prophylaxis against infection especially for wounds at high risk of infection.
- Stripe coated, hypoallergenic, latex-free adhesive.
- Individually packed in peelable pouch and sterilized by E.O. gas.
- Biocompatible and complying to ISO 10993.
- Pharmapore Ultra Silver adhesive Wound dressing is ideally suited for post-operative use. It is also useful for accident & emergency in case of cuts, laceration and sutured wounds.
- There are no absolute contraindications for using Pharmapore Ultra.
- Do not use for individuals with known sensitivity to any of the dressing components.
- Due to presence of antimicrobial silver ions, the experience with neonates / small babies is limited.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes