Pharmapore® Ultra Algi: Nonwoven dressing coated with breathable waterproof, virus proof and bacteria proof polyurethane film outermost layer and central haemostatic absorbent pad (Pharma-Algi®).
Pharmapore® Ultra Algihas the advantages of both Pharmapore® Algiin being suitable for sensitive skin and Pharmapore® PU Algiin being waterproof, virus proof and bacteria proof.
Pharma-Algi® is haemostatic absorbent primary wound pad, made of nonwoven absorbent fibers, coated with a blend of sodium alginate and calcium alginate powder. The wound contact layer is made of non-adherent nonwoven layer.
Pharmapore® Ultra Algi is sterile by ethylene oxide, biocompatible and complying with ISO 10993-5 and ISO 10993-10 requirements.How does it work?
Sodium alginate used in this product rapidly gels and forms a physiologically moist microenvironment that promotes healing and the formation of granulation tissue. Calcium present in this product, exchanges with sodium in the blood to further contribute to the gelling and absorption process. But more importantly calcium ions are donated to the wound; calcium is vital for the clotting process to be successful, which ensures bleeding is stopped.Features
- Highly absorbent:
Pharmapore® Ultra Algi is highly absorbent due to presence of superabsorbent powder (sodium alginate) and also by capillary rise in nonwoven fibres.
- Creates moist wound healing environment:
Upon absorption of exudates, sodium alginate transforms into gel, which creates optimum wound healing environment, which in turn
- Enhances and promotes wound healing.
- Helps prevent scarring as it softens the wound and prevent formation of crusts.
- Forms a moist covering over the slough preventing it from drying out.
- Haemostat effect:
- Due to calcium-sodium exchange, Calcium ions which are vital for the clotting process to be successful are released into the wound, which ensures bleeding is stopped.
- Easy to remove:
- Gel formation prevents adherence of the dressing to the newly formed tissues and thus facilitates atrumatic, painless removal of the dressing.
- Moreover, the non-adherent wound contact layer prevents adherence of the dressing to the wound.
- Being different in construction from other alginate dressings in the market, Pharmapore® Ultra Algi can be removed as one piece without leaving any residues in the wound.
- The dressing is very soft and conformable, so it conforms to wound contours, It also becomes softer and more intimate to the wound after gelling.
Pharmapore® Ultra Algi island dressings are used as primary dressing to manage full and partial thickness wounds, with moderate exudates which may also be prone to minor bleeding, e.g.:
- Pressure sores
- Leg ulcers
- Ischaemic and diabetic ulcers
- Post-operative wounds
- Skin graft donor sites
- Fungating carcinomas
Also Pharmapore® Ultra Algi adhesive dressings are used to achieve haemostasis at the bleeding site after needle removal in the renal dialysis and for protection of orificium fistulae.Contraindications
- The dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds. If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with saline, and then remove.
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to alginates.
- Do not use on dry or necrotic tissues.
- Whilst Pharmapore® Ultra Algi assists in the management of wounds prone to minor bleeding, it is not intended to be used as a surgical sponge or to achieve haemostasis in heavily bleeding wounds.
- When used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated in accordance with local clinical protocol.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes