Pharmapore Silver is a soft and conformable post-operative non-woven dressing with cushioning effect and antimicrobial absorbent silver pad.
The pad is a bilaminate construction, made of absorbent nonwoven, laminated with HDPE silver colour net. The nonwoven layer contains silver, in form of silver sodium zirconium phosphate.Mechanism of action of silver
The silver ions of silver pad are non-migratory. When silver pad was tested for zone of Inhibition, there were no inhibitions of growth around the sample but only under the sample. This means that silver ions do not leach from the pad and act only at the pad surface when they come in contact with microorganisms.Features
- The soft nonwoven touch is especially indicated for skin sensitive individuals.
- Antimicrobial barrier to prevent colonization on the dressing.
- Prophylaxis against infection especially for wounds at high risk of infection.
- Biocompatible and complying to ISO 10993.
Dry to minimal drainage wounds, partial thickness pressure ulcers, first and second degree burns.Contraindications
- There are no absolute contraindications for using Pharmapore silver.
- Do not use for individuals with known sensitivity to any of the dressing components.
- Due to the presence of antimicrobial silver ions, the experience with neonates / small babies is limited.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes