Pharmapore® PU POVI is a virus proof, bacteria proof and waterproof polyurethane film with antimicrobial absorbent iodine ointment containing wound pad.
The pad is composed of nonwoven felt laminated with iodine ointment impregnated gauze; the whole composite is laminated with PE net which acts a non-adherent wound contact layer.
Upon contact with wound exudates, the iodine is released offering a broad range antimicrobial activity against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, yeast and fungi.Features
- Due to the presence of iodine, Pharmapore® PU POVI has a strong antimicrobial activity, so it’s ideal for protecting the wound, even if infected.
- PVP-Iodine is not resisted nor tolerated by most of microorganisms.
- Unlike other iodine impregnated gauze dressings available in the market, Pharmapore® PU POVI is non-cytotoxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing,
- The product is specifically designed to allow controlled amounts of iodine to reach the wound bed to prevent cytotoxicity.
- Pharmapore® PU POVI has advantage over non adherent iodine impregnated gauze in the market that it does not require secondary absorbent dressing because it contains absorbent felt laminated to the iodine containing layer.
4- Non adherent:
- The presence of the PEG based ointment together with PE net as a wound contact layer renders the dressing non adherent, so it can be easily removed without pain or trauma.
Polyurethane film has the advantage of being waterproof, virus proof and bacteria proof.
It’s used in prophylaxis in post-operative wounds, dry to minimal drainage wounds, partial thickness pressure ulcers, first and second degree burns.Contraindications
- Do not use PVP-Iodine-containing Wound Dressings on patient with known sensitivity to iodine or one of the other components.
- Before and after the use of radio-iodine.
- If you are being treated for kidney problems.
- In pregnant and breast feeding women.
How To Use
- Open the pouch and apply the dressing on the wound using aseptic technique.
- Pharmapore® PU POVI can be applied without secondary fixation dressing.
Sizes & Codes