Absorbent antimicrobial Bilaminate wound pad, made of viscose and PE fibers, laminated with HDPE silver colour net. The nonwoven layer contains silver, in form of silver sodium zirconium phosphate.
Pharmapad silver is primary wound dressing. It should be fixed with secondary fixation dressing e.g. Protectfilm frame style or Pharmafix.Mechanism of action of silver
The silver ions of silver pad are non-migratory. When silver pad was tested for zone of Inhibition, there were no inhibitions of growth around the sample but only under the sample. This means that silver ions do not leach from the pad and act only at the pad surface when they come in contact with microorganisms.Features
- Antimicrobial barrier to prevent colonization on the dressing.
- Prophylaxis against infection especially for wounds at high risk of infection.
- Biocompatible and complying to ISO 10993.
- Dry to minimal drainage wounds, partial thickness pressure ulcers, first and second degree burns.
- There are no absolute contraindications for using pharmapad silver.
- Do not use for individuals with known sensitivity to any of the dressing components.
- Due to presence of antimicrobial silver ions, the experience with neonates / small babies is limited.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes