Heal the world with antimicrobial effect.Description
Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag is hydrogel wound dressing sheet that combines antimicrobial effect of silver with fluid management, cooling sensation and moisturizing effect of hydrogel to provide ideal environment for wound healing.
Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag is laminated with bacteria proof, virus proof and waterproof polyurethane film outermost layer.Mechanism action of silver:
Features and advantages
- Damage to bacterial cell membrane, could lead to the leakage of cytoplasm from the cell, which would result in dehydrated and shrunken cells.
- Silver atoms bind to thiol groups (-SH) in enzymes, and subsequently, cause the deactivation of enzymes.
- Silver associates with DNA once they enter the cell, thus preventing bacterial cell replication.
Broad spectrum antimicrobial effect:
Thanks to the antimicrobial power of silver ions. Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag shows antimicrobial effect against a wide spectrum of microorganisms including Gram-negative bacteria such as Escherichia coli and pseudomonas aeruginosa; Gram-positive bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus and MRSA; and VRE; and fungi such as Aspergillus niger and Penicillium nigricans.
Continuous antimicrobial protection:
Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag release of silver is highly controlled, these silver particles are found on the surface of the silica and also embedded throughout the structure.
The metallic silver particles act as a reservoir for release of silver ions (Ag+) that are the active agent against bacteria. The presence of both surface and embedded silver particles gives the material a combination of immediate antimicrobial activity combined with long-term durability.
In fact large amounts of silver are unnecessary and can actually be cytotoxic to fibroblasts; That is why the antimicrobial effect of Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag long lasting.
Non-staining to skin:
Since silver is controllably released from the porous amorphous silicon dioxide structure, it does not stain skin. Other silver dressings, which lack control over release of silver, may cause staining of surrounding tissues or lead to cytotoxicity of tissue cells which are typically found in the wound bed.
These cells are necessary for wound healing processes such asproliferation, angiogenesis and matrix protein deposition.
Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag does not darken on exposure to light.Indications
Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag:
For use on partial and full thickness wounds, including:
- First and second degree burns
- Covering of grafts
- Surgical sites
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag should not be used on third degree burns; also it should not be used neither on highly exuding wound nor exposed muscles, bones or tendons Sensitivity to any of the product’s ingredients.
Experience is limited with newly born, infants and during pregnancy.Precautions
- Excessive use of ointments or dressings containing oil or paraffin on the wound bed prior to the application of Pharmagel (Kemagel®) Ag is not recommended, as it may impair fluid transport and antimicrobial performance of the dressing.
- Use of oxidizing agents such as (hypochlorite and hydrogen peroxide) should be avoided.
- The dressing should be removed before MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
How To Use
Sizes & Codes