How To Use
- Clean wound area.
- Evaluate the wound and select the dressing size to allow 2.5 cm (1 inch) of the hydrocolloid adhesive to extend beyond the wound edge.
- Open the pouch and handle the dressing using gloves/forceps.
- Remove the release liner from the dressing.
- Center the dressing over the wound and the periwound area, then gently press the adhesive side of the dressing.
- Care should be taken to avoid unnecessary stretching of the dressing, which can result in mechanical trauma to the wound and surrounding skin.
- Remove the dressing frame, starting at the top and working downward. Reinforce and smooth the film border from the center outward. Continue down one side ending at the notch. Repeat process from other side until all sections of the frame are removed. “In case of Pharmacoll® Comfort and Pharmacoll® Comfort Plus “.
- Carefully lift the dressing edges (or film border) while pressing down on the skin
- Continue lifting the edges until all are free from the skin surface.
- Press down on skin to separate dressing from skin.
- Gently remove the dressing then folding it over itself with Pulling carefully in the direction of hair growth.
- Alternatively, stretching the dressing horizontally and lifting it will also facilitate removal in most situations.
- Discard the dressing into appropriate recycle bin.
How often to change the dressing:
- The dressing should remain in place as long as possible.
- If leaks are detected, the dressing should be changed immediately.
- Change the dressing when maximum absorption has been reached.
Sizes & Codes