How To Use
- Apply cast padding e.g. Pharma-Undercast® over the entire area to be immobilized. Do not apply plaster bandage directly to the skin.
- Hold bandage loosely at a slight angle and submerge vertically into clean room temperature water (22°C-25°C) for 3 – 4 seconds
- Squeeze bandage to remove excess water. Note: Change the water between each application of bandages as this will interfere with The correct wetting-out
- Apply the bandage to the pre-padded extremity by using a spiral motion, overlapping each turn 1/3 to 1/2 the width of the bandage,while gently rubbing each layer into the previous layer to form a solid, well laminated cast.
- Mold and position as indicated by the physician.
- Use a standard oscillating cast saw with a sharp blade for removal.
Duration of use:
Few days to a long period depending on indication.
Sizes & Codes