Pharma-Foam® Comfort is made of soft, thick and elastic polyurethane foam, placed as an island pad on a breathable polyurethane adhesive border to allow fixation without secondary dressing or fixation tape.
Moreover, the foam central pad is laminated with perforated polyurethane film wound contact layer to prevent adherence of foam pad to the wound bed, thus it allows easy removal without pain or trauma.Features and Benefits
- Polyurethane foam provides a cushioning effect and high absorption capacity up to 14 g/g, this provides dry but moist environment which is in favour of all wound healing stages, specially the granulation and the epithelialisation phase, so it accelerates wound healing.
- The polyurethane film outermost layer is highly breathable, up to 5000 g/m2/24hr MVTR, this allows evaporation of wound exudates absorbed by foam, thus the total fluid uptake and fluid handling capacity of the dressing in total is increased, it is also bacteria proof, virus proof and waterproof.
- The perforated polyurethane film in Pharma-Foam Comfort prevents adherence of the foam pad to the wound bed, thus it allows easy removal without pain or trauma. Furthermore, it acts as a filter for thick exudates and slough which are more likely to block the foam surface and hinder its absorption capacity.
- Pharma-Foam Comfort can be used for the following types of wounds and ulcers with moderate to heavy drainage/exudation rate:
- Pressure ulcers stage II and superficial stage III.
- Partial and full thickness diabetic foot ulcers.
- Venous insufficiency leg ulcers.
- Partial and full thickness arterial ulcers.
- Partial thickness burns and abrasions.
- Open surgical wounds.
- Skin tears.
- Pharma-Foam® Comfort should not be applied onto dry wounds or necrotic tissues.
- Pharma-Foam® Comfort should not be used in wounds that extended to reach bones or muscles.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes