Pharma-Algi ® F: Is a haemostatic and absorbent wound dressing, made of 100% calcium alginate fibres, carded and needle punched to form a nonwoven absorbent felt.
Pharma-Algi ® F Product Line is available as flat sheet for superficial wounds or as ribbon for cavity wounds and both need secondary dressing for fixation.Features
1-Haemostatic effect: due to calcium – sodium ions exchange where calcium ions are donated to the wound which is vital factor for the clotting process.
2-High Absorption capacity: absorb wound exudates and locks it inside the formed gel so prevents skin maceration.
3-Moist wound environment: Upon contact with wound exudates, it rapidly gels which overlays the wound and provides a moist micro-environment that promotes healing and formation of granulation tissue.
4-Conformable and Soft: conforms to wound contours.
5-Atraumatic Dressing removal: gel formation prevents adherence of the dressing to the newly formed tissues.
6-Unique Integrity: allowing removal of the dressing as one piece.Indications
Pharma-Algi ® F : Is used as primary dressing to manage full and partial thickness wounds, with moderate to heavy exudates which may also be prone to minor bleeding:
Post-operative Wounds, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, traumatic wounds, cavity wounds, graft and donor site, fungating carcinomas, superficial and partial thickness burns.Contraindications / Precuations
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to alginates.
- Do not use on dry or necrotic tissues.
- It is not intended to be used as a surgical sponge or to achieve haemostasis in heavily bleeding wounds.
- When used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated in accordance with local clinical protocol.
- If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with saline, and then remove.
- The dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes