Pharma-Algi ® F IV: is Island dressing made of non-adherent pad ( haemostatic and absorbent wound dressing, made of calcium alginate fibres, carded and needle punched to form a nonwoven absorbent felt.) adhere to Spunlaced nonwoven polyester substrate coated with pressure sensitive adhesive having U shaped slit.Features
1-Haemostatic effect: due to calcium – sodium ions exchange where calcium ions are donated to the wound which is vital factor for the clotting process.
2-High Absorption capacity: absorb wound exudates and locks it inside the formed gel so prevents skin maceration.
3-Moist wound environment: Upon contact with wound exudates, it rapidly gels which overlays the wound and provides a moist micro-environment that promotes healing and formation of granulation tissue.
4-Conformable and soft: conforms to wound contours.
5-Atraumatic Dressing removal: gel formation prevents adherence of the dressing to the newly formed tissues.
6-Unique Integrity: allowing removal of the dressing as one piece.Indications
Are used for catheter and cannula fixation and stop bleeding.Contraindications / Precuations
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to alginates.
- Do not use on dry or necrotic tissues.
- It is not intended to be used as a surgical sponge or to achieve haemostasis in heavily bleeding wounds.
- When used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated in accordance with local clinical protocol.
- If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with saline, and then remove.
- The dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes