Pharma-Algi ® F Carbon Adhesive : is Island dressing made of non-adherent pad ( haemostatic and absorbent wound dressing, made of is made of carbon felt sandwiched between 2 nonwoven layers made of 100% Calcium Alginate fibers to adsorb bad odour, carded and needle punched to form a nonwoven absorbent felt) adhere to spunlaced nonwoven polyester substrate coated with pressure sensitive adhesiveFeatures
1-Haemostatic effect: due to calcium – sodium ions exchange where calcium ions are donated to the wound which is vital factor for the clotting process.
2-High Absorption capacity: absorb wound exudates and locks it inside the formed gel so prevents skin maceration.
3-Moist wound environment: Upon contact with wound exudates, it rapidly gels which overlays the wound and provides a moist micro-environment that promotes healing and formation of granulation tissue.
4-Conformable and Soft: conforms to wound contours.
5-Atraumatic Dressing removal: gel formation prevents adherence of the dressing to the newly formed tissues.
6-Unique Integrity: allowing removal of the dressing as one piece.
7-Adsorb offensive odour: due to activated carbon felt .Indications
Pharma-Algi ® F Carbon Adhesive is island dressings variants are used as primary dressing to manage full and partial thickness wounds, with moderate to heavy exudates which may also be prone to minor bleeding:
Post-operative Wounds, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, traumatic wounds, cavity wounds, graft and donor site, fungating carcinomas, superficial and partial thickness burns.Contraindications / Precuations
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to alginates.
- Do not use on dry or necrotic tissues.
- It is not intended to be used as a surgical sponge or to achieve haemostasis in heavily bleeding wounds.
- When used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated in accordance with local clinical protocol.
- If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with saline, and then remove.
- The dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes