Fibrosol® dressings are Carboxymethyl cellulose nonwoven dressings.
Fibrosol® IV or Fibrosol® Extra IV: Non-woven I.V. catheter fixation dressing for people with sensitive skin, having incision along the middle and highly absorbent pad at the end of Incision, located in central position. Indicated for cannula and catheter ﬁxation on sensitive skin.
The characteristics of the fiber are such that it absorbs when it comes into intimate contact with liquid not via the usual mechanism of capillary action. Absorbed fluid is retained within the structure of the fiber. As Fibrosol® absorbs exudate it is rapidly converted from a dry dressing to a soft coherent gel. Fibrosol® maintains a moist environment for optimal wound healing, aids autolytic debridement, and is easily removed with little or no damage to newly formed tissue.Features
- Provides excellent absorption and retention capabilities for moderate to highly exuding wounds.
- Conforms to the wound surface to form an intimate contact.
- Acts as a bacterial and viral barrier that prevents outer wound infection.
- Helps reduce wound pain while the dressing is in situ and upon removal.
- Supports wound healing by providing a moist wound healing environment.
- Hemostatic effect
- Bacteriostatic activity
Fibrosol IV and Fibrosol Extra IV are used for catheter and cannula fixation and stop bleeding.Contraindications
- Fibrosol® dressings should not be used on people who are allergic to the dressing or any of its components.
- Fibrosol® is not intended for use within internal body cavities.
- If infection develops during the use of the dressing, clinically indicated antibiotic therapy should be initiated.
- Control of blood glucose should be monitored for diabetic foot ulcers.
- Delicate newly formed blood vessels could produce blood stained wound fluid.
- Sterility is guaranteed unless pouch is damaged.
Sizes & Codes