Instructions for use
- Rinse the wound with physiological saline or tap water.
- To optimise the use of Cavidagel® Ag, apply according to the diagrams shown below.
- Gently dry the skin around the wound.
- The wound should not be filled to a higher level than the surrounding skin.
- Cover with a secondary dressing. For low to medium exuding wounds, choose a hydrocolloid as a secondary dressing e.g. Pharmacoll® Comfort or Pharmacoll® Comfort Plus. For medium to highly exuding wounds, choose a highly absorbent and highly permeable dressing to cover e.g. Espuma® Comfort or Espuma® Comfort Plus. For slightly or non-exuding wounds, Cavdiagel® Ag could be covered with film dressing e.g. Protecfilm®.
- To optimise cleansing of necrotic and sloughy wounds, it is recommended to change Cavidagel® Ag at least every 3rd day, due to the larger amount of exudate. In case of clean wounds, Cavidagel® Ag should be changed depending on the amount of exudate.
- The gel can be removed from the wound by rinsing with physiological saline or tap water.
Sizes & Codes
Product Code Size Pleces / Case Cavidagel Ag Tube CAVAGT15 15 gm 48 Cavidagel Ag Tube CAVAGT20 20 gm 48 Cavidagel Ag Tube CAVAGT25 25 gm 48 Cavidagel Ag Tube CAVAGT30 30 gm 48 Cavidagel Ag Tube CAVAGT50 50 gm 24 Cavidagel Ag Tube CAVAGT75 75 gm 24 Cavidagel Ag Sachet CAVAGS6 6 gm 1000