- Rinse the wound with physiological saline or tap water.
- To optimise the use of Cavidagel®, apply according to the diagrams shown below.
- Gently dry the skin around the wound.
- The wound should not be filled to a higher level than the surrounding skin.
- Cover with a secondary dressing. For low to medium exuding wounds, choose a hydrocolloid as a secondary dressing e.g. Pharmacoll® Comfort or Pharmacoll® Comfort Plus. For medium to highly exuding wounds, choose a highly absorbent and highly permeable dressing to cover e.g. Espuma® Comfort or Espuma® Comfort Plus. For slightly or non-exuding wounds, Cavdiagel® could be covered with film dressing e.g. Protecfilm®.
- To optimise cleansing of necrotic and sloughy wounds, it is recommended to change Cavidagel® at least every third day, due to the large amount of exudate. In case of clean wounds, Cavidagel® should be changed depending on the amount of exudate.
- The gel can be removed from the wound by rinsing with physiological saline or tap water.