PharmasuperFoam® Carbon is a five layer construction wound dressing, made of activated charcoal wound pad, sandwiched between two layers of polyurethane foam. In addition to this, the upper polyurethane foam layer is laminated with breathable polyurethane film, while the lower polyurethane foam layer is laminated with Perforated Polyurethane Film.Features
- Activated charcoal layer adsorbs unpleasant odours that usually associate chronic wounds.
- Outer and inner polyurethane foam layers can manage moderate to heavy exudates.
- Semi permeable outermost polyurethane film acts as a viral barrier and a bacterial barrier. Moreover, it is waterproof but allows evaporation of excess exudates absorbed by foam, so it increases the total fluid handling capacity of the whole composite.
- Perforated Polyurethane Film wound contact layer is non adherent, allowing dressing removal without pain or trauma.
- Sealed edges prevent lateral leakage in case of heavily exuding wounds which in turn prevents maceration of healthy skin surrounding the wound.
- PharmsuperFoam® Carbon is indicated for the treatment of most types of chronic wounds but is particularly recommended for the management of malodorous wounds and heavily exuding wounds:
- Pressure ulcers stage II and superficial stage III.
- Partial and full thickness diabetic foot ulcers.
- Venous insufficiency leg ulcers.
- Partial and full thickness arterial ulcers.
- Partial thickness burns and abrasions.
- Open surgical wounds.
- Skin tears.
- Dry wounds and necrotic tissues
- Wounds that extended to reach bones or muscles
- Do not use with oxidizing agents as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide solutions as this can breakdown the absorbent hydrocellular component of the dressing.
From the wound contact layer outward
- Perforated Polyurethane Film.
- Polyurethane foam 5 mm thickness
- Activated charcoal wound pad
- Polyurethane foam 3 mm thickness
- Polyurethane film, Skin color, 25 micron
How To Use
Sizes & Codes