Pharma-Foam® C Comfort Silver is a quadruple construction, made of polyurethane foam, sandwiched between a wound contacting polyethylene silver net and activated Charcoal Cloth. This laminate is placed as an island pad on adhesive polyurethane film whose borders extend to allow fixation without secondary fixation dressing or fixation tape.
The silver net wound contact layer acts as antimicrobial barrier, prevents colonization and increases the dressing wear time, while the activated charcoal cloth adsorbs bacterial toxins and malodour.Features and Benefits
- Polyurethane foam provides a cushioning effect and high absorption capacity up to 14 g/g, this provides dry but moist environment which is in favour of all wound healing stages specially the granulation and the epithelialisation phase, so it accelerates wound healing.
- The polyurethane film outermost layer is highly breathable, up to 5000 g/m2/24hr MVTR. This allows evaporation of wound exudates absorbed by foam, thus the total fluid uptake and fluid handling capacity of the dressing in total is increased. It is also bacteria proof and waterproof.
- The activated charcoal cloth adsorbs bacterial toxins and malodours, this improves the quality of life for the patient and nursing personnel.
- The silver net prevents colonization of bacteria over the dressing, so it increases the wear time and decreases frequency of changing the dressing. It provides both hygienic and economic benefits.
- Pharma-Foam® C Comfort Silver can be used for the following types of wounds and ulcers with moderate to heavy drainage/exudation rate:
- Pressure ulcers stage II and superficial stage III.
- Partial and full thickness diabetic foot ulcers.
- Venous insufficiency leg ulcers.
- Partial and full thickness arterial ulcers.
- Partial thickness burns and abrasions.
- Open surgical wounds.
- Skin tears.
Pharma-Foam® C Comfort Silver gathers the benefits of silver and activated charcoal by elimination of offensive odours and reducing risk of infection, so it improves the quality of life for the patient and nursing personnel.Contraindications
- Pharma-Foam® C Comfort Silver should not be applied onto dry wounds or necrotic tissues.
- Pharma-Foam® C Comfort Silver should not be used in wounds that extended to reach bones or muscles.
- Due to the presence of antimicrobial silver ions, experience is limited with newly born, infants and during pregnancy.
How To Use
Sizes & Codes